In my home weekday breakfast time can be pretty hectic. I am always looking for simple and easy semi-homemade breakfast recipes to make that are quick and kid friendly. I am going to share with you two easy recipes and each only need two main ingredients! If that wasn’t enough reason to try out these delicious and easy 2 ingredient breakfast recipes, then here are two more reasons! If you are looking for a breakfast recipe vegetarian style, then you will love my eggless breakfast recipe included! So incredibly simple and the topping options are endless! Lastly, if you are always on the go, then I have a great breakfast recipe to go that your kids will be begging you to make! This breakfast to go idea features croissant rolls and chocolate chips. Need I say more! Now let’s dig in and get cooking!
Vegetarian Breakfast Recipe with Chickpea Flour
1st up is the egg-less breakfast sandwich made with chickpea flour instead of eggs. I first tried this in my attempt to be a bit healthier and I was looking for an alternative to always eating eggs in the morning. Not that there is anything wrong with eggs, I love them…probably too much! So, I came across a recipe that used chickpea flour instead of eggs. I was a bit hesitant, wondering how the taste would be, but let me tell you…you don’t miss the eggs!
The best part about this recipe, besides it only having 2 main ingredients, is that you can make as little or as much batter for the sandwich as you like. When I am only making one for myself I use 1/4 cup for each ingredient. When I am making two I use more, but however many you are making you will always use equal parts. So for example 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup or 2/3 cup and 2/3 cup.
Easy 2 Ingredient Healthy Breakfast: 1 serving
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking oil for the pan (about 1 tablespoon)
- Shredded cheese (your choice of cheese) I like cheddar
- Sliced avocados
1. Add in the water slowly, so that you do not have lumps with the chickpea flour. Whisk the batter until smooth.
2. Heat your oil in a pan on medium low heat.
3. Add your batter and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. You will see it turn a translucent color when fully cooked and the bottom will be slightly brown.
4. At around the 3 minute mark you can choose to add some shredded cheese in the center of the “crepe” (optional). If you add cheese then use your spatula to fold up each side of the “crepe” to have it look more like a folded burrito.
That’s it! You can now choose to add some toppings. I love to add sliced avocado on top and sandwich the egg-less crepe between two slices of sour dough bread. Or you can eat it without any bread and add salsa on top of your “crepe” (with the avocado) for added flavor. There are so many possibilities for creative toppings! Have fun and enjoy this simple 2 ingredient recipe!
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Add in the water slowly, so that you do not have lumps with the chickpea flour. Whisk the batter until smooth.
- Heat your oil in a pan on medium low heat.
- Add your batter and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. You will see it turn a translucent color when fully cooked and the bottom will be slightly brown.
- At around the 3 minute mark you can choose to add some shredded cheese in the center of the “crepe” (optional). If you add cheese then use your spatula to fold up each side of the “crepe” to have it look more like a folded burrito.
Easy 2 Ingredient Breakfast Idea To Go
Often time, breakfast is rushed. Especially when you are trying to get a teenager to eat before school! However, one way to simplify life is to make easy breakfast’s to go. One of my favorite breakfast idea to go is using croissants and stuffing them with any ingredients of your choice. My children love chocolate breakfast croissants, but you can stuff the croissants with ham and swiss, any type of cheese, cinnamon and sugar or cream cheese and jelly. Whatever, you choose, these breakfast treats are perfect to go!
2 Ingredient Breakfast Recipe with Croissant Rolls
Every time my kids get the opportunity to go to a local bakery, they order chocolate croissants. I thought to myself, there must be a simple way to make these at home for a weekday or weekend treat for the kids, without having to go to the bakery every weekend.
Well…your kids are going to love this breakfast treat and it literally is only 2 ingredients! This cannot get any simpler and your kids will think you are an incredible baker…which you are! When I first made these for my close friends’s children, they went home raving about “Aunt Candice’s chocolate croissants.” When asked how I make them I was almost too embarrassed to admit how easy the are!
Chocolate Chip Croissants Breakfast Recipe
Ingredients – servings 8
- Pillsbury Crescents or Annie’s Organic Crescent rolls
- Chocolate chips (mini or semi-sweet chocolate morsels)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2. Roll out the crescents flat on a baking sheet. Add your mini or semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Roll up the crescents and add 1-2 chocolate chips on top (mostly for appearance).
3. Bake for 7-9 minutes
Alternative Filling Options
- Cream Cheese and Jelly
- Cinnamon and Sugar
- 1 slice of Ham and 1 slice of Swiss cheese
Shop Ingredients:Bob’s Red Mill Chickpea Flour, 16 Ounce
Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, 10 oz
This post contains amazon affiliate links for your shopping convenience. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.