From start to finish, this delicious, homemade stuffed zucchini recipe is complete in 6 EASY Steps!
One of my favorite parts of summer is all of the fresh vegetables in season, straight from the garden. This delicious stuffed zucchini recipe uses summer fresh ingredients but really can be made anytime of year.
Step 1: Slice the Zucchini Lengthwise
Step 2: Scoop Out the Center
Scoop out the center of the zucchini and save all of this homegrown goodness in a bowl. You will use this later in the stuffing mixture.
Step 3: Make the Stuffing Mixture
Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh herbs and chopped garlic. Add in the zucchini center you scooped out earlier. Mix together and stuff the mixture evenly into the sliced zucchini halves.
Step 4: Place Stuffed Zucchini on a lightly greased baking sheet
Step 5: Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes
The Stuffed Zucchini is ready when you can put a fork though the zucchini shell.
Step 6: Enjoy your Delicious Homemade Stuffed Zucchini Recipe!
Homemade Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 1 whole Zucchini Sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 3 whole Tomatoes chopped
- 1 sprig Fresh Basil and Parsley
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the Zucchini in half lengthwise
- Scoop out the center of the zucchini and put in a bowl to save for the stuffing
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, chopped tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh herbs and chopped garlicCut up the center of the zucchini you saved into small chunks and add to the other ingredients. Mix all together and stuff the mixture into the zucchini halves
- Spray non-stick oil on a baking sheet and place stuffed zucchini halves onto the baking sheet
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Zucchini is done when you can stick a fork in it